If you have seamless gutters on your roof, they are going to need repairing at some point in time. It is possible that you might even need gutter replacement. You can do this yourself if you are handy with tools or you can work with roofing specialist in getting the gutter replacement or repair that best suits your needs.
Getting Started on Your Repair Project
Repairing your own gutters can save you quite a bit of money or it can cost you more. It is therefore essential that you do a thorough assessment of you seamless gutters to ensure that the size of your project is not outside of your level of expertise and call a professional if it is needed. If you are going to take on the project for your gutter repair, then the next step is to draw a sketch of your house and your seamless gutter system and then do some measuring to determine the size of the project and the materials you will need.
* Look for areas of rotted wood in your gutters
* Do not take on more than can be done on a particular day to avoid issues overnight
* If the work needed is small, you might consider patching the area which is quickly done
Repairing Your Gutters
After assessing and determining the level of work that will be needed then you can either patch or plug the gutters on your roof. Patching can work for holes in your gutter that are larger than a nail hole. This can be better done by using flashing and then attaching it to the gutter with roofing cement or silicone caulk.
* Try to avoid using things like pop rivets to patch as this puts extra holes in the gutters
* Plugging works for holes that are smaller than a nail hole
* Roofing cement or silicone are useful elements in both types of repairs
Do-It-Yourself Gutter Replacement
It may be time to get gutter replacement if your repairs have not fixed your gutter problems. This is a much bigger job that requires more skill and expertise so it would be wise to consult a professional first, unless you are a professional roofer yourself. Gutter replacement might also be necessary if the gutters are bent, the hangers are broken or the downspout is damaged.
* Replacing the gutters might be a total or partial replacement
* This is a job to do yourself only if you have experience or it could become more costly
* Each damaged part of the seamless gutters can be replaced with a new part
At the Fort Collins Roofing Consultants we serve residents in and around the areas of Fort Collins, CO, Loveland, CO, Longmont, CO, Greeley, CO, and all of northern Colorado. Give us a call for all your seamless gutter repairs or replacement.